Friday, September 15, 2006

A Bad Day gone Good :)

Wow. It seemed like God answered my prayers pretty fast! Little did I know that I will be getting all the answers I needed from no one else but my dad. And now I feel WAY WAY WAY better than how I did just hours ago.

I was actually not planning to tell my parents about it. It's a very personal problem and I wouldn't want them going all over me and scolding me about my attitude. Well, my loneliness was too much to be hidden. When they asked me what's wrong, I just cried and cried.

... And that's when dad started talking. Of course, I didn't escape the scolding part. He told me that I should stop thinking and acting this way, that I should get back up and focus. He also shared his experiences in his career, and his colleagues' as well. Most importantly, he told me that it's better to commit mistakes now than in the future.... Actually, my boss tells me that all the time. It's just that hearing it from my father made it more real and relative to me.

I guess the main point of his pep talk was to learn how to love your job and DEFINITELY do your best in it. I emphasized on "definitely" because one (like a certain one like me) can just say that he is trying his best whereas in fact, he really isn't. One's passion and drive to succeed and admit defeat becomes his evidence of doing his best in the work he has. I realized that it's not just proving to your boss that you're capable of doing many things. Many are capable, but only few are capable AND passionate.

For sure a lot of us new grads are on the same boat. We are still neophytes and we still got a lot to prove. You will agree with me that it's not easy. In fact, it will never be easy for us because even if we're out of the four walls we once called our classrooms, we still continue to learn. Only thing is, we're now in the real world, so there's no other way for us to prove to people that we are worth investing in (companies do invest in us... they pay us! :D) except through our actions, unlike in school where we have our grades as proof to our excellence.

And besides, whoever said that one can go straight up the top of the ladder? It's just like playing snakes and ladders. It's very hard to go up the finish line yet so easy to go back at the bottom.

So now, after tripping and falling down, I am ready to face a new challenge once again. I guess I just needed a bit of refueling. I had to go to a pitstop to energize myself and realize that it's not the end of the race yet. It will still be a long journey, AND I AM NOT GIVING UP.

To the numbers, mathematical signs, economics, and finance.... I'm ready.

:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Angel! :) Nice post. :)

---> Marie

Anonymous said...

GOOD THAT YOU SOLVED THAT PROBLEM OF YOURS. U KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS SUBJECT. WE SHARE THE SAME SENTIMENTS. AND WE WANT TO GIVE UP SOMETIMES, BUT REMEMBER THAT NO ONE CAN AND SHOULD MAKE US FEEL INFERIOR. IF WE FIND OURSELVES LOSING CONFIDENCE BECAUSE OF OTHER PEOPLE, WE HAVE TO HELP OURSELVES IN ANY WAY WE CAN. AND REMEMBER ALSO THAT WE'RE NOT JUST WORKING FOR OURSELVES NOW. WE'RE WORKING FOR OTHER PEOPLE WHO DEPEND ON US, LIKE OUR FAMILIES... SO THE LEAST WE COULD DO IS TRY HARD TO LIKE IT. I SAID "TRY"... =) GIVE IT A FEW MORE MONTHS... THEN WHEN WE'RE NOT HAPPY, WE CAN BOTH QUIT AND GET ANOTHER JOB THAT WILL MAKE US HAPPIER AND WILL PAY BETTER! HAHA

Anonymous said...

So proud of you chay aka WCIT (remember this name?^_^).

Glad to know you're finally facing the music head on. Keep it up! :)

.rhnz

Princess Angel said...

Thanks for all the support! :)