Tuesday, March 16, 2010

2nd Month.

It's been two months since the nerd and I have last spoken. Two months have passed since I received that damned "friendly" greeting card and informative cookbook (yes, it's very informative-- contains 200 recipes below 200 calories while the other one's about 1,000++ pages thick! LOL). Two months.... and counting.

I can't believe time has flown by THIS fast. A lot of things have changed. I went through a major work dilemma (still going through it), been to T-Town & CDO, joined my first run, made friends with a new officemate, continued running some more, lost some weight, partied like rockstars at friends' birthdays, attended a close friend's wedding in Tagaytay... It has been nothing but pure awesomeness for the past weekends of 2010.

But admittedly, there are still days when I miss him. :( Once in a while (especially when I chance upon watching EMO movies hehehe), I still remember our happy moments... But of course after those happy moments, the annoying moments follow. haha.

I don't know, I guess I just miss having a friend like him. He was one of those people whom I could talk to about anything under the sun. With his different cultural background, he would always give me a different perspective on things and issues. I also enjoyed giving advice and helping him out with his issues. I don't think I'll meet someone like him at home.

On the other hand, from these past two months of contemplating and living my life to the "fuller" (not fullest, I believe I have not reached my peak yet hehe), I realized how much I have learned from our failed relationship. The most important thing I have learned is never to give soooo much of yourself to someone else because you lose yourself in the process. I realized I was probably too clingy to the point where it became abnormal already. I figured that there's no such thing as "fate" and "soulmates". I became a lot less of a hopeless romantic... I'm not sure if this will be for the better or worse, but I realized as well how this whole experience has "traumatized" me to fall in love again.... I'm definitely not going to jump to a new relationship anytime soon... Heck, I am not even getting attracted to other men (so not me, by the way)!!

I actually attempted to communicate with him very recently but I did not get any reply. I am sure he has his own reasons. I'm no longer expecting him to reply back, he's probably moved on and is in a better disposition by now. I guess only time can tell what will happen. For now, I just need to accept and move on. I think I am almost there. I hope once I have totally gotten over him, we can still be friends. We have the same birthdays, after all (haha where's the connection?!?!).

No comments: