Sunday, October 02, 2011

Hello October!

I miss blogging! It's been a while since I last wrote, and I can't believe that most of the things I write about are about boys and dating. Well, it doesn't make any difference though when I talk to my friends in person, boys and dating are my favorite topics! Hee hee :)

I can't believe I'm about to reach my 1st year away from home. Time flew by so fast, it doesn't even feel like I've been living in Singapore for almost 1 year! Looking back, I have to say that a lot of things have changed and I am a totally different Angel from who I was 1 year back. For one, I have become a current events freak and a finance nerd... Who would have thought that a communications graduate would end up trading futures? It was the last thing I wanted to pursue as a career, but like what Alanis Morisette said, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you. :)

I have also moved forward to a new home since October 1, and I am really happy with this move, even if it is costing me a whole lot more. On a not-so-bright side, I am staying very near the red light district, but I have leveled up since my "crib" is already a condo. It is also nice to have a friend as my housemate, I just hope we do not get into any big trouble as I do not have very fond memories of my good friends being my housemates... But I think I have reached in an age where I am mature enough to know how to live with people and be just civil and objective with things. :)

It is also my first weekend to go to the grocery to buy food for cooking! With my friend around, I have promised myself to be more domesticated. Felt like I overspent in the grocery-- biggest bill at SGD 75 dollars! What the hell did I just buy?!?! Haha, but it just feels good, I am now looking forward to cooking sausages and tuna for dinner, it should come out cheaper instead of eating out all the time.

Life has been pretty good to me so far. I also feel very privileged to have found new friends who are very easy to get along with. I guess there is something about being away from home, people are more open to sharing deep friendships which you know will last for a lifetime. :)

My work has been awesome as well. I love my job even if it takes up 80% of my time! It gives me a heart attack but I still love it! It's what I call happy stress... And it's quite  nice to also feel like they are family. I have learned to accept the different personalities at work, I guess this is all part of growing up and being more mature with things. :)

As for my heart, I have learned to block all bad vibes and just follow my gutfeel. I remain optimistic in finding the right guy. The right time for the right person will definitely come... :)

This will be a great month ahead... Cheers for more happy thoughts and memories!

No comments: