Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Overprotected

My recent conversation with my officemate has led me wondering about my life. Am I really overprotected? Do I need to get out of my "comfort zone" and explore? What are the better things in life that I have to learn?

Silly, but I just realized how much I've missed on my life. I thought I was happy with the rate my life is going right now, but seeing what's beyond it in the eyes of other people just makes me want to come out of my shell too. I found the urge to conquer my fears and do more courageous and daring things. I want to experience a different way of life, nothing similar to the one I've been used to.... Some things I wish I could do and try to do too:

1.) Join Gawad Kalinga, Children's Hour, or any org that addresses such things,
2.) Try a new sport- maybe Wall Climbing (although I've tried this) or Tennis,
3.) Commute more often (Well, I just walk going to office, but I want to experience riding the bus and jeep and just go to a far, far place and get lost hehe) which leads me to my next point:
4.) Go to Manila (old Manila.. Intramuros, City Hall, Post Office... MalacaƱang, Pier) and explore
5.) Dance in the rain (although that would take a lot from me, since I'm ombrophobic)
6.) Color my hair (I want it in brown!)
7.) Spend a Sunday on the beach with friends (My Sundays are exclusively for my family.. I'll explain why)
8.) Enroll in a gym or go bellydancing (which I will be most likely doing a week from now)
9.) Go on a date! haha.
10.) Read on current events (well, this is purely due to laziness that I don't read up hehe)

But with parents like mine who resemble the media (who are often referred to as watchdogs of the society), I don't think I shall be seein myself doing these things in the near future. For one, I can't even decide on which celphone I want to get because dad says I get yada-yada! I can't actually blame my parents for being overprotective. But with an excessively overprotected kid (or shall I say lady) like me, going out of my comfort zone is definitely something worth thinking about.

That's why I want to meet someone (no love implied in this case okay? Just anyone!) who's daring enough to make me come out of my shell.

No comments: