Monday, July 24, 2006

The Week that was & The Week that will be

I haven't been able to blog for more than a week now, since there's nothing really "significant" to blog about the past week... Perhaps except for the fact that it's been raining really hard here, and due to the oh-so unpredictable weather, I now have a pretty bad cough that led to my alto-like, un-pitchy bedroom voice.

Other "boring" stories from last week:

  • My lunch buddies and I (the Mcdonald's Junkies) realized that for the week that was (last,last week), we ate fastfood almost everyday (thanks to Jollibee, Mcdo, & Greenwich). Because of this, we vowed to eat fastfood only on weekends, since it's quite heavy not only for our stomachs but also for our pockets to have this kind of lifestyle everyday. Imagine, just for our Chickenjoy craving, we had to walk under the drizzle (they say this is more dangerous than the cat-and-dogs type of rain) and spend 110 bucks just for a piece of Chickenjoy, spaghetti, and choco-mallow pie (... will die without dessert! hehe!). Now imagine having to spend 110 bucks for lunch everyday! haha! We also need to save up for our weekends ;) I guess this fastfood frenzy also led to my cough and colds... Damn, if Chickenjoy didn't taste so good!!!
  • Found out that one of my closest friends is now employed! (Read her story @ http://lola-mo.livejournal.com) I'm so happy for my Pumpkin! She truly deserves this big break, and I know she'll do great! Hoping that all goes well for my soul sister! I hope we push through with our PCD adventure!! waahh!! can't wait for that!!! :)
  • I finally got my first "real" salary (through my atm, the last one I had to encash at the bank) and it felt really good and bad! Of course, having earned for that made me proud about myself. I can actually earn money for ME! But letting go of it is a different issue. When torn between saving up and buying a pair of pants I've been eyeing on since forever, I ended up not buying them, convincing myself that I won't be using it much anyway. And besides, I guess it won't be bad setting aside that money first... Who knows, I might need it for something more important than a pair of pants. Things I learned from this... PRIORITIZE!!!
  • Last Saturday was DENTIST DAY (aka DOOMSDAY), and I was scared as hell. Everytime I hear that drilling sound from their "drillers", I get goosebumps. Yet for that Saturday, there was no turning back anymore. I was scheduled for 2 fillings (2 of my molars have cavities.. eeww! But hey, we use our teeth everyday of our lives! hehe), and surprisingly, I didn't feel much pain! (although I get ready for the pain by shouting even if the pain still isn't there. hehe) :) The one at the upper portion was more "nilo" and just thinking about it makes me shiver. I guess my dentist just did a job well done for a scaredycat like me. Now I shall take really good care of my teeth from now on! hehe! :) ... And did I tell you how great it felt that I (yes, out of my hard-earned salary) paid for my dentist bill? haha. How independent of me. But unfortunately, I have an impacted tooth, which will result to a dental surgery next,next week. *goosebumps, shivers, and everything else related to this!* I hope it wouldn't be too painful!!
For my upcoming week though, I expect it to be more challenging. I'm now assigned under the logistics department (having done my short stint making documents and going gaga over the difference of a's and a's), and after the briefing, I couldn't believe that there would be MORE work and detail involved with this job. Heck, I never even imagined myself doing something like this! It was really crazy. I just hope I will get through it and survive my crash course of logistics (which apparently, they also refer to as marketing.)

Oh, and another whapack! for today: My officemate and I have this habit of betting, and I end up winning most of the time. For some reason, he blurted out that when it comes to those things, I'm very lucky, but when it comes to love, luck isn't on my side anymore. And it made me think.... Diyos ko, SANA NAMAN HINDI! He definitely did not make my day. If because of that I'd end up unlucky in love, I will haunt him down and plan a "sweet" revenge. Mark my word. HAHA :) (Ouch lang talaga, in short. hehe)

No comments: