Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Shattered Dreams and (Un)broken Hearts

Just when I thought I found my ideal guy....

He turned out to be 17 years older than me.

Yes. 17 years. When I was still playing my Barbies, he was heading already getting a COLLEGE diploma. When I entered my Hanson stage, he was already targeting to increase the market share of the brand he's handling. And now that I'm still graduating for college, he's a bigshot executive at some pharmaceutical company, all the while thinking that maybe he could be a very, very ideal prospect.

I met him during the Ad Congress last November, when I was urging to the place of the resident singer in the hotel lobby. After being rejected by the pianist (you could've seen my disappointed face), he approached me and asked me why I was sad. From then on, he became a friend.. well, more of an aquaintance actually.

The next day, we bumped into each other once again. He asked for my number and told me to keep in touch. All the while, I thought he was only 25, so I told myself, baka puede pa. And he was really nice to me, which gave him more pogi points. On the last day, we met up at Vudu, and I already felt that he was giving me the cold shoulder, indirectly telling me that I was too young for him... What better way to give back the "complement" by telling him he was too old for me too? hehe. From then on, I told myself to just forget him and include him in my 1st ever Ad Congress experience.

Months after, we were asked to a project which required us to interview marketing professionals. He was one of the few people that came to my mind. I told my friend to set an interview with him. I was too shy to do it myself. I found out that the whole time he had a different surname. The surname I thought was his' sounded the same. So much for my deafness.

And being the stalker that I am, I decided to search for him in friendster. It was a successful search, and I was very motivated (aba, application of learnings! :D) by it. For one, he had goals... And he was into outdoor sports, something I have never tried doing but have wanted to. He wanted a simple future.. but most importantly, my future is secured with him!!!!!!!!!!! +++++ prince charming points. hahaha. I gave myself the motivation to see him again.

... So the research went on. I had to find out his age. His age was another crucial factor. My friends and I would estimate his age, thinking he would be at the most, 28..... BUT NO!! After filling up the interview questions, I found out that he was 37.... No wonder he held such a high position at work!! All my hopes of ending up with him were shattered.......

I honestly do not have any problems with age gaps... but 17 years??? That's big an age gap! It's like marrying my 40 year-old uncle! HA HA!! Freaky.

Now I'm off to finding a new prince charming. :)

No comments: