Monday, March 20, 2006

"... When being the third wheel isn't so bad after all"

Just reposting an old entry from my other blog... Love this! :)

May 18, 2005:

I have always been the consistent third wheel... I know, perhaps you would suggest that I find myself someone so that I won’t be a third wheel anymore, but sometimes, when I think about it, being a third wheel has its own perks too. But before going to that, what really is a third wheel? When do you become a third wheel?

....Well, based on experience, you become a third wheel when the following symptoms arise:
-when there's only three of you, of course.. or sometimes when you're five, seven, or nine (basta it's an odd number and you become the odd one out)
-when you're with couples, soon-to-be couples, or sometimes, even best friends whom you know have "something"
-when you feel like you've got no one to spend quality time with, or rather, you can't determine whom exactly among that big group of oddies (haha what a name) you can have "bonding" time with (in short, they all have their "bonding" buddies na)

But before going to the good side of it, let me just give a few reasons why it sucks to be the third wheel:
-...For the obvious reason that you're on your own and your friends have someone with them. It just doesn't feel that good when you know your friends are having a good time with your special someone while you're left there accompanying them and alone.
-It makes you contemplate on your being single. They reach a point where they forget about you and already separate you from their world despite being with them. And it makes you wonder if you should get a boyfriend too, which leads me to my last point...
-It pressures you to get a boyfriend too!!! haha. Despite not wanting to get one, you would want to have a boyfriend or a "date" so that you would have someone with you the next time you go out..
-(for extreme cases, although at present i'm not affected with this anymore) It hurts you, lalo na if the guy is someone you REALLY like. Need I say more??

So there. For years and years, I've been the ever loyal third wheel of my friends. I've accompanied friends to movies, mallings, and meals with their "potentials". It's not that I'm sourgraping about my being single and all (NO NO NO!!), but in fact, I'm here to celebrate the beauty of third wheel-ness. haha. Here are a few reasons why I enjoy being the third wheel:
-Sometimes, you become the center of attention (Well, for my case haha). I've enjoyed entertaining couples with my instant skits and dramathons and i'm just enjoying the job of making them laugh!! ehehehe
-Freebies galore!! Since i'll be with someone whom the guy likes, I get to share that gratitude he's showing to the girl through free food! haha. it has always happens to me that i get to have free movie tickets or free dinners when i become the third wheel.
-Bond with fellow third-wheelers! Usually, guys also bring their "friend" to "accompany" them. And usually, I end up forming good friendships with my fellow third-wheelers. And sometimes, it's an add-on if the guy's cute *wink* ... new potential!! bwahaha.

... So, being a third wheel isn't really that bad after all. I still enjoy being one, although sometimes, if it becomes too frequent, it gets into me... Hmmm.. i wonder if there's any song about being the third wheel... ehehe

Long live third wheelers! haha.=)

No comments: