Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Cebu Piss-ific Incident

They said it's time every JUAN flies. I say, "It's time SOME JUAN dies."

Yes, my last trip with CP (i don't want this entry to be googleable hehe) was HELL. I guess you get every cent's worth of the cheap plane fair you paid (BUT STILL...)

I was very excited to go home for the long weekend. I wanted to take PAL to get more mileage, but I couldn't make it to their last flight which would leave at 7:30 PM. I had no choice but to take the last flight out of Manila to Cebu, which was CP's departing at 9:15PM.

BUT LOW AND BEHOLD... It was almost 9:15 PM and we still were not boarding the plane. I always thought CP's competitive advantage over the other airlines would be their ON-TIME FLIGHTS. Unfortunately, due to some unknown problem, I had to wait for another 15-30 minutes before I could board the plane. (And to think they didn't even give any notice prior to this just so we know we won't be leaving on time, right?!)

And I thought my Piss-ific moment would end there. When we were halfway to Cebu, for some reason, the turbulence was not the normal turbulence you would experience with PAL. It was so scary to just feel the plane as if it was on vibrator mode or something. hehe. And as I looked through the window, it seemed as if our speed was faster than the usual... True enough, our landing proved me right. It felt like the front wheel bounced from the air to the landing because our speed was too fast. Even the foreigner in front of us said the same thing. TERRIBLE WAY TO BEGIN MY LONG WEEKEND.

Now the piss of all pisses is about to happen... As I got in the airport to check in for my flight back to Manila... Goodness gracious great balls of fire! Flight 5J 570-- my flight-- was cancelled! The next flight won't leave til 9:15 PM! HUWAT?!?! I had no choice but to go back home first and rest (I had a really terrible headache on that same moment). After about 4 hours of waiting, I find out that our flight is delayed for another hour. Grabe. PARUSA (punishment). We weren't able to leave Cebu until 10:45 PM. To make the long story short, I got home at 1 AM... And I had work the next day. A CRAPPY WAY TO BEGIN MY WEEK.

... On the bright side though, the 5 hour wait was kinda worth it. I got a free one-way ticket to any domestic destination of my choice.. And that I got thanks to my being "kapal muks". I went to the counter and demanded for one because of the inconveniences the flight has caused me. I'm glad that my charms worked. hee hee. :)

MY RECO: Don't ever rely on their ads that they're on time and yada-yada. I guess they were just being true to the fact that with their crappy service and cheap prices , "every juan can now fly with CP". In short, you really just get your money's worth. :)

No comments: