Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Bumming Around...

It's 1:30 in the morning. I am about to sleep til it hit me... I am still up in the wee hours of the morning, not because I have a pitch the next day, but just because....ummm... wala lang.

Sad to say, I am still awake for no reason at all. It struck me how much of a bum I have become.
I am so not used to just staying at home, pigging out with all the chocolates I could take hold of (I just nibbled some a while ago. HA!), watching my favorite TV shows, & catching up on missed dvds (I promised myself I'd finish that bunch of dvds I never got the chance to watch). During my sophomore and junior years, you wouldn't find me in my pad. I would be home at around midnight because I spent the whole night at Starbucks or just somewhere outside of my home. On Sundays, I end up doing homework at 11pm just because I was out the whole day. As a kid, my mom would tell me how I couldn't stay at home and have Ayala Cebu as my second home...

And now, look where I am... While most of my friends are soaking under the sun and partying in Bora, I am stuck at home, making up for my missed sleep and domestic life. Staying at home and staring at the computer... O buhay bum.

I have to admit, I am getting the hang of it too. I am starting to enjoy staying at home all by myself. After a stressful senior year, it's about time I do things that I actually enjoy doing... at home. I have done nothing but squeeze my brain to the extreme the past year. I guess I just deserve this break for now.

Bumming around actually gives me a slice of independence (what I lost during my senior year) as well. At the same time, it gives me more privacy, something I am beginning to enjoy lately. I am not a star of some sort, but sometimes, I just feel the need to spend more time with me and think about things, if you know what I mean... Nevertheless, I do not intend to bum around for a long time. This is just a "temporary madness". :)


...But for now, perhaps it's the next best thing. :)

No comments: