Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Guess who's back...

She's back.

Somebody from my not-so-distant past is back in the Philippines. After six months of trying it out in the land down under, she has decided to pursue her studies and live life on her own.... in Ortigas. I was pretty shocked when I saw her. It was just a usual rehearsal day when BOOM! She's there. I didn't realize that it would be this soon before she sets foot on Philippine soil again. I have to admit, I was not ready to face her yet. Time hasn't fully healed me yet...

Don't get me wrong, she is not someone whom I have been involved with romantically (for I am not of that kind). She was just once one of my closest friends ever. We practically shared everything, even our home. Yet due to some misunderstandings and unavoidable circumstances (conflict in lifestyles, etc.), we just had to drift apart.

That was a hard stage in my life. Along with her, I felt like I lost all of my friends. I didn't want to make them choose between me and her. That would be very unfair for them. And since at this time she was leaving, I did not want to ruin her last moments with them too.

...That's when true friendship was tested. Among the big gang I used to have, only a handful of them remained to be my close friends, although all of them I am still civil with... the closeness isn't just there anymore. On the other hand, losing some friends gained me more friends.... Thanks to the Ad Congress, I have created super tight bonds with my housemates (that's another story... :D)

It was also a tough stage because I had to think of my friends and/or my family (our families got a bit involved with all this misunderstandings). I realized the importance of my family. It showed me that no matter what happens, my family should always be at the top of my list. Kahit na mawala pa sayo ang ibang bagay na importante sayo, basta pamilya, okay lang. Call me a martyr, but i just love my family very much, even if it meant losing some people in my life.

And now that she's back, I guess I just have to face the fact and try to be civil with her... That's the best I could do for now... until my wounds are totally healed.

2 comments:

princess bratinella, ultimate pasaway said...

oh.

i'm reading between the lines a finding out quite a lot. i miss you a lot angel. i miss the kwentos we had in the boys room. i hope na we still have time to 'date' and make chismis and catch up on each others lives. =)

Princess Angel said...

Miss pasaway! I miss you too. Damn, why do you have to be so busy with work? My boys have left me for another home. hmpf! No boys to walk with going home. haha. :)

I shall walk by myself, then. Toodles for now. mwahugs :)