Thursday, May 11, 2006

An Angry Not-So-Little UA&P Graduate

Yesterday, I signed up for pinoyexchange.com's message boards so I could check out a few updates on the chorale scene. While surfing, I stumbled upon one thread with the topic, "BIG 5 Schools". As I was reading the messages, it was quite flattering to see that a couple of them agree that UA&P is part of this so-called "Big 5". But as I read along, what I saw wasn't much candy for my eye anymore.

It was a bit irritating to see how until now, many people still think most UA&P students have an "elitist" attitude. They say that UA&P is just trash, and that walang kwenta rin naman daw. I'm sorry to disagree on this, not only because I'm a graduate of this university. It was just disappointing to see how different their notion was of our university whereas in fact, we're really not what they think we are.

I couldn't help but reply, and here's how my reply went:

"As a UA&P graduate, it kinda hurts to see that kahit ngayon, nakatatak pa rin sa isip ng mga tao na elitist kami.

With my 4-year stay in the university, I can really say we're not. I admit, I had the same fear when I entered the university, pero alam nyo, dapat ma-experience nyo mismo na kahit papano, we still have a diverse community. Iba rin ang UA&P experience kasi dahil mas maliit siya as compared to most universities, and bago. Although we don't have that school spirit and history that most of you guys can boast of, that doesn't necessarily mean that UA&P can only produce elitist gradutes. As proof, alam nyo ba na karamihan ng mga ads na pinapanood nyo ay galing sa isip ng UA&P Grad? Taga-UA&P rin ang nag-conceptualize ng Hotshots. Tama nga ung sabi earlier, many graduates get accepted in Citibank as well.

I'm not saying that UA&P should be included in the BIG5 kasi one way or another, people will really try to include THEIR school in that list. I think what we should be more concerned of is making our schools proud by contributing to the good image that we want our schools to have:)

That's about it.=)"

Roar.

No comments: