Monday, May 15, 2006

Cleanin' Up My Closet

Last night, I finally had the chance to go through my "trash" of memories and throw whatever was unnecessary already. It was such a fun experience to see lots of old stuff which actually meant a lot for one part of my life (some still having much importance until now). Of the many things I discovered from last night, here are the most special and funniest among the bunch which I opted to keep for now=):


A LOVE Letter from my Soul Sister

Haha, it never really ocurred to me how long Nadine and I have known each other until last night. It seems that most of my memories with her come from my senior year, but from last night, I figured that we have actually been good friends back in second year! haha! Anyway, I couldn't help but laugh when I found a letter from her for Valentine's day 2004, complete with the "Mikee" signature of hers (the one with the horse haha). Apparently, Nadine and I have been sharing memories since second year because of Sierra Lakes. I was the very, very pasaway stage manager, and Nadine acted as well. I also found out that Nadine also watched my play at that time! That was very touching, since not much people were able to catch that.=) What was really funny about this letter was that most of what she wrote actually came true!!! She wrote about how she wished we both get into IMC and how she looks forward to our sleepovers and bonding moments. She also wrote about not spending valentine's alone, pigging out on ice cream and junk food (hmmm, that's familiar!!haha!). Seeing the letter truly proved how far our friendship already went, if you know what I mean. Haha. Kidding. I love Nadine for this (how i wish I could just type that horse-ish signature she made in the letter so I could show it here! haha)

"Hola! Que tal?" Memories

No, I didn't find anything given to me by a Spanish-speaking friend, but I found tons of papers, photocopies, and quizzes for my Spanish class back in 2nd year. I got really good marks for my Spanish, especially during Spanish102. I also found a yellow pad wherein we wrote the draft for our short class skit with AA and Alessa. In the skit, AA was supposed to play the el divino (fortuneteller), and Alessa and I made a visit to Senor El Divino. haha. It was so funny to read it. I couldn't help but remember how SeƱor Teddy couldn't help but laugh on our funny antics, even AA was named Best Actor for this. haha.=)

The IMC Life
My IMC life also slowly unfolded itself in front of me in the form of handouts and readings. One by one, I found various papers and readings for Marcomm, IMC Principles, Direct Marketing, and Communication Law. I apparently found some sheets of paper which have been missing when I once needed them. I found our script for Bling and the City (complete with Nadine's handwritten editing), research sheets for our Toyota Vios campaign (around 50 handwritten interviews.. in the flesh! haha!), and the newspapers we used for our Comm. & Soc. analysis. It seemed like once again, I was brought back to the terror that was IMC, the kind of terror that you'll miss a lot, now that you're not doing anything.=)


Souveneir Programs... with Autographs!

Every moment I had with theater was significant. Seeing my old souveneir programs from plays which I have been a part of (both onstage and back) made me cherish these memories more. I figured out how much of my life once revolved in the idea of TDRs and acting workshops. It was very touching to read the messages of the people you once worked with in a play. Ah, the euphoria of theater, I miss. :(


Doodles Galore!
Back in second year, our favorite pastime while listening to the teacher would be doodling and making nonsense. AA, my seatmate back then, would make hillarious drawings of me with my trademark "hoop" earrings, or with Elaine my "best friend", or just whatever. Because they were just so funny, I guess I decided to keep them way back, and I found them once again. My ultimate favorite among the many doodles would be the one wherein AA placed captions on the carpark pamphlets which had a picture of the Scooby Doo family, complete with the Mystery Caravan. Another favorite would be AA's own version of the movie, "Sabik sa Mangga" and "Elaine's Circus featuring Regina the Ballerina."HAHA! Only AA can think of those things. haha! I miss him already!
There were still so many funny and memorable things (2-year old Blueskies crackers, old mascara, a photocopy of my application form for IMC) that were found on this day. I ended up throwing only around 1/8 of the "junk" I had. I think I'll be doing this again for more exercise. haha.=)

2 comments:

Daene | Filipina in Flip Flops said...

love the coffee bean and tea leaf picture! super reminds me of senior year. beautifully disorganized, that was what senior year life was, for me anyway. I think that picture captures it :D

Princess Angel said...

Actually, Shara took that picture. Ganda no? You're right, senior year was really captured in this picture man=)