Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Only Rose Among the Thorns

It feels really bad to be left out, to be the only rose among the thorns... Perhaps this phrase would only apply to a man being surrounded by women, but I guess in my case, I can be the only rose among the thorns. You'll see why.

Meet the Santos clan:
That's my cousin Juno, me, Jus, my brother, Kyra, Den, & Kimmy (the picture's pretty outdated, taken around 5-7 years ago). At first glance, you might wonder why from this little bundle of cousin-hood (we're a pretty small family!), I'm the only rose among the thorns... Actually, I'm the only rose among the thorns because I am the only one in the family who is still single (well, Kimmy's an exception. He's only 10.haha.).

It kinda depressed me to know that I, being the third eldest among the gang, had no one to cuddle with in family gatherings. It's been a thing in our get-togethers to bring boyfriends and girlfriends along. Instead of "boyfriend" bondings, I would end up having cousin bondings with Kimmy whom I play Monopoly with while everybody's enjoying their dates. At times, I end up being the third wheel (forever!), which is fun nevertheless. It also pisses me off how my lola and my aunt would ask me if I already have a boyfriend, and that I'm hiding "him" from them. Heck, I even don't have a love life to start off with! One time, I even heard my mom talking to my other cousin and telling her how she prays that I get a boyfriend already. Wow. As if that's easy.

Pressure?!?! Maybe not. Even if it bothers me that everyone's with someone already, I actually don't feel the need to have somebody right now. With all this commotion as regards job hunting, I don't think I would want someone meddling in my life yet... Who knows, when everyone of them is already single, I would be the only one who's attached??:) Again, that would be another case of being the only rose among the thorns. haha.=)

No comments: